License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sunspots 64


Things I have recently spotted that may be of interest to someone else:

Bonnie on Christian singleness.

An article in Wired on "An Inconvenient Truth," the documentary film about global warming. The article indicates that a scientist who is opposed to the conclusions of the film agrees that Al Gore is sincere in his presentation, and has most of the facts right. The article has a link to conclusions that disagree with Gore's.

A method of plotting musical compositions as points in two dimensions has been developed.

From an article by Philip Yancey in Christianity Today: "Several years ago a Muslim man said to me, 'I find no guidance in the Qur'an on how Muslims should live as a minority in a society and no guidance in the New Testament on how Christians should live as a majority.'"

Spritibee posted, over a week ago, on "Evolution and Emissions Debate." She has gotten quite a few responses, (including a couple from me -- one of them a recent post on this blog) and some from a professed agnostic. I found her post through last week's Christian Carnival.

This week's Christian Carnival is here. (For information on locating these Carnivals, see here)

When I don't tell where I found an item above, I either found it directly, or was probably pointed to it by the Librarian's Internet Index, SciTech Daily, or Arts and Letters Daily. All of these sources are great.

Thanks for reading! Keep clicking away.

Image source (public domain)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Sprittibee. I read her a couple of times, back in her old template, which was very hard on my eyes. I'm glad to see it's more readable now.
She had a good post on the justice (?) system a few months ago. One of her relatives is stuck in jail for an inordinate length of time, disproportionate to the offense he committed. (I think it was related to drugs.) It was unusual to see that empathy for a prisoner in a mainstream Christian blog. (IMHO)

Martin LaBar said...

Your opinion is probably right.

Thanks for reading.