License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Pilgrim's Progress: publication anniversary

John Bunyan wrote The Pilgrim's Progress a long time ago, related to the lifespan of most published books. It was first published on this date in 1678. As the book is in the public domain, the text is available on-line, at least here and here.

When I was growing up, I was told, more than once, that the book, which presents the Christian life in story, or allegoric form, had been read more than any book except the Bible. I don't know if that is true or not, but the archaic English in the book can make it difficult to follow for 21st century readers, I'm afraid. But it's still very much worth reading.

Thanks for reading. Read Bunyan.

2 comments:

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks Martin. I told someone recently I need to read Pilgrim's Progress. Thanks for the reminder. I am grateful.

Martin LaBar said...

Thank you, sir. I hope to get back to reading your blog (and some others) soon. The murder of my brother-in-law changed some schedules around our house.

God willing, I will be posting an excerpt from The Pilgrim's Progress (which is in the public domain) tomorrow.