License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Sunday, August 23, 2020

With Christ in the School of Prayer, by Andrew Murray, 47

 This post continues a series of excerpts from With Christ in the School of Prayer, by Andrew Murray. I thank the Christian Classics Ethereal Library for making this public domain work available. To see their post of the book, go here. The previous post is here. As usual in this blog, long quotations are in this color.

Father in heaven!  Thou didst send Thy Son to reveal  Thyself to us, Thy Father-love, and all that that love has for us.  And He has taught us, that the gift above all gifts which Thou wouldst bestow in answer to prayer is, the Holy Spirit.

O my Father!  I come to Thee with this prayer; there is nothing I would—may I not say, I do—desire so much as to be filled with the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.  The blessings He brings are so unspeakable, and just what I need.  He sheds abroad Thy love in the heart, and fills it with Thy self.  I long for this.  He breathes the mind and life of Christ in me, so that I live as He did, in and for the Father’s love.  I long for this.  He endues with power from on high for all my walk and work.  I long for this.  O Father!  I beseech Thee, give me this day the fulness of Thy Spirit.

Father!  I ask this, resting on the words of my Lord:  ‘HOW MUCH MORE THE HOLY SPIRIT.’  I do  believe that Thou hearest my prayer; I receive now what I ask; Father!  I claim and I take it:  the fulness of Thy Spirit is mine.  I receive the gift this day again as a faith gift; in faith I reckon my Father works through the Spirit all He has promised.  The Father delights to breathe His Spirit into His waiting child as He tarries in fellowship with Himself.  Amen.

No comments: