License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sunspots 46


Things I have recently spotted that may be of interest to someone else:


Through last week's Christian Carnival, I found this post on a Christian radical (and/or eccentric, but weren't Christ and Paul?) named Ammon Hennacy. I also found a shorter post quoting Thomas Merton on peace.

Catez has a long post on being a Christian in the blogosphere, and associating with non-Christians there (and elsewhere).

Mufana, who has an interest in such things, suggested that I look up The Hunger Site, and mention it here. I've looked at the site, and it seems to be a legitimate way to help others get food, at least some times, at no cost to you, if I understand it correctly. If anyone knows anything else, please say so. Thanks. (I think Mufana overestimates my readership!)

I heard from one of my graduate school professors, the best one I had, and a good man overall, over 40 years after I finished. He is 90, still active, and said that he was surprised to learn now (which was my fault then) of my interest in Christian matters. He said that he was then, and is now, an atheist. My response is to pray for him. I suppose his response, should he see this, would be to say that is foolish. Maybe so, but I'll try, anyway. Perhaps some of you would, too.

In Wal-Mart's "Women of Achievement Timeline: Black History Month 2006," a photo of Bernadette Locke-Mattox, first African-American woman on the coaching staff of a major college basketball team. I remember her on the bench with Rick Pitino at Kentucky, but had forgotten, or never knew, her name. I think she was the first woman of any ethnic background so placed, perhaps the only one. This site indicates that she was in this position for four years. This one indicates that she is now the head women's coach at Kentucky.

Joe Carter on the beauty of being ugly.

Kevin Wright questions Pat Robertson's unquestioning support of Israel (Robertson isn't the only one.)

An article on Flickr Mashups (none of which I have tried yet, at least not for quite a while, except the Colr Pickr, which I couldn't resist) with links. One of them is Flickr Sudoku. Don't ask me what Sudoku is, but I do know that it's popular.

Earthlink Newsletter on what makes a computer fast (or not). In other words, a nice introduction to hardware.

This week's Christian Carnival is here. (For information on locating these Carnivals, see here)

When I don't tell where I found an item above, I either found it directly, or was probably pointed to it by the Librarians Internet Index, SciTech Daily, or Arts and Letters Daily. All of them are great.

Image source (public domain)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly - welcome back! Amazing that you heard from your professor - I am always getting amazed at how lives intersect, move on and then intersect again. And thanks for the link too.

Martin LaBar said...

You are welcome. I'm not fully back, yet.