License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sunspots 54


Things I have recently spotted that may be of interest to someone else:

John Pettigrew has summarized his debate with a person who believes in Intelligent Design. He concludes, among other things, that ID is ill-defined, and has some theological problems. (I found this through last week's Christian Carnival.)

An article in Christianity Today about how Answers in Genesis views Intelligent Design. (They aren't happy)

If you have never seen the terra cotta warriors from China, mscheng has posted a photo, with a little description. (See also my comment on her photo, for more description.) I recommend clicking on the All Sizes button just above the photo. She has also posted a couple more photos of these warriors, here and here, with more description. Her photos, as I have remarked before, give a feel for life in China now, and show scenes that amaze me. (No password is needed to access these photos.)

Rembrandt's 400th birthday is this year.

Worldmapper is an interesting resource. For example, you can find out what countries are experiencing net immigration.

Pastor Perry has some excellent suggestions about praying for one's pastor. (He assumes that a pastor is male, married, with children, but most of the suggestions would apply to pastors of any type.)

This week's Christian Carnival is here. (For information on locating these Carnivals, see here)

When I don't tell where I found an item above, I either found it directly, or was probably pointed to it by the Librarian's Internet Index, SciTech Daily, or Arts and Letters Daily. All of them are great.

Image source (public domain)

No comments: