License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sunspots 88


Things I have recently spotted that may be of interest to someone else:

Humor: (also politics) Apparently Mad magazine has a parody of Scientific American, entitled Scientific Republican.

Science: An article on the Kitzmiller (Intelligent Design in the Dover, PA, school district) case by an expert witness, who was called because she could demonstrate that (surprise!) leaders of the ID movement see it as religious. More on the genetics of parthenogenetic ("virgin birth") Komodo dragons (large lizards).

Computing: Wired, on why you don't need Vista, the new version of Windows, at least not yet. (surprise!)

Proof that I'm out of it. Not only did this blog not make Time magazine's list of 50 coolest websites, but I hadn't visited 48 of them when I saw the list. (Even though it includes six time wasters.) I've seen more of them now.

OpenOffice 2.1 (free Microsoft Office alternative) has been released.

Christianity: From Every Square Inch: "Racism is first and foremost an affront to God, who as Creator, made each person in his own image."

He Lives spouts off about a video game based on the "Left Behind" series. (Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be making this up.)

This week's Christian Carnival is here. (For information on locating these Carnivals, see here.)

When I don't tell where I found an item above, I either found it directly, or was probably pointed to it by the Librarian's Internet Index, SciTech Daily, or Arts and Letters Daily. All of these sources are great.

Thanks for reading! Keep clicking away.

Image source (public domain)

2 comments:

Pilgrim said...

A docent at the zoo told us they smash all the komodo eggs out of sight of the public. Last year, they missed three, a big oversight. I guess they breed like fruit flies, and would overtake the zoos, if not controlled.

Martin LaBar said...

Interesting. I didn't know that.

Thanks.