License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Where did God go when He left Abraham?

Over the last few years, I have mostly quoted from someone else on Sunday's posts. I used a couple of devotional books, and most lately, hymns by Charles Wesley.

I think I'm going to try interesting items (to me -- because I seldom get comments on a Sunday post, anyway!) from my devotional Bible reading, for a while. We'll (or I'll) see where it goes. God help me.

Here's a verse from Genesis 18, which was part of the ESV Bible's on-line Bible reading for January 8:
33 And the Lord went his way, when he had finished speaking to Abraham, and Abraham returned to his place.

When it says "his way," where is that? Heaven? Some other business on earth? Does the phrase have any meaning for an omnipresent God?

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's talking about God's corporeal body returning to Heaven.

It doesn't make much sense for an omnipresent spirit to go his way.

Martin LaBar said...

Perhaps, although there might be arguments raised against God having had a corporeal body before the incarnation.

I classify this as one of the things we don't need to understand.

Thanks for your comment.