License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

An atheist (I think) philosopher defends Intelligent Design

I have written quite a bit (some might say too much) that is critical of the Intelligent Design movement in this blog. See here for a summary of my criticism, which is shared by many Christian scientists -- it's not just me. I also state that I believe that God did design things.

In the interest of fairness, here's a link to a recent article (quite readable) in The Philosopher's Magazine, wherein Steve Fuller -- I would guess that he's an atheist, but I'm not sure -- tells why he appeared in court, on the side of the ID movement, in the Kitzmiller case.

Fuller says: All theories of wide explanatory scope in science are eventually shown to be empirically false, usually because they overreach their grasp. From that standpoint, Darwinists appear to be postponing the inevitable. Of course, that doesn’t make ID true, but ID may be well-positioned to point out the deep systemic flaws in Darwinism that Darwinists themselves have no incentive to recognise, let alone explore.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: