License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Friday, March 20, 2009

AIG and me

Let's see, now. What's everybody so mad at?

They're mad at a company that risked its future on unreliable and ephemeral investments, then, when those investments proved to be worthless, asked for help, and then used some of that help to reward those who made the mistakes in the first place. No wonder it's called Arrogant, Incompetent, and Greedy.

OK. Has such a thing ever happened before? Hmmm. . .

Well, I risked my eternal future on my own accomplishments. They were worthless. I asked for help, and then, when the help came, I patted myself on the back instead of praising God for His redeeming grace. To top it off, I keep trying to re-install myself as CEO, instead of Christ. That seems to be another, even more serious case of Arrogant, Incompetent, and Greedy.

Ouch.

The inspiration for this came mostly from an article in Christianity Today.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

I'm like that, too.