License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Comments now screened -- sorry

I'm sorry. I know how annoying it is to have to type in something like


Xpdqef  742

when you can only half read the letters and numbers, in order to make a comment, because most of the blogs I comment on require this. But I'm just getting too many spam comments.

So I've turned word recognition on. (Again)

Thanks for reading (and commenting).

7 comments:

FancyHorse said...

Not a problem, Martin. I've had to do it, too.

Martin LaBar said...

Yes. I remember that.

Thanks.

Pilgrim said...

Yes, it's amazing how some people have nothing better to do with their time than figure out how to spam.

Martin LaBar said...

Apparently someone is making money doing this, though I can't imagine anyone in their right might going to any of the sites that have showed up in my spam.

Thanks.

Pilgrim said...

Yes, follow the money. :-)

atlibertytosay said...

It's not people in many cases.

I get about 8 spam comments a day for thelibertymonitor.com.

It's bots, usually from Romania or China.

They have even figured out a way to get past the captchas.

I hope moderation helps.

Search Engine Optimization companies ARE making money at it though.

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks, gentlemen. Yes, it's bots, and I guess there's money in it.