License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Friday, October 17, 2014

Jeremiah on environmental stewardship

God owns the earth, and gives control over it to us:

Jeremiah 27:5 ‘I have made the earth, the men, and the animals that are on the surface of the earth by my great power and by my outstretched arm. I give it to whom it seems right to me. 6 Now I have given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant. I have also given the animals of the field to him to serve him. (World English Bible, public domain)

My main post on environmental stewardship is here. It has received over 5,000 view, and was supposed to have covered the ground thoroughly. But it somehow overlooked the passage above. The Bible is like that -- full of surprises! I have added that scripture to the main post.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: