License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Too much criticism, too little creation

Relevant has a fine essay on the topic of the title of this post.

Yes, in almost any area of human endeavor, such as politics, sports, business, TV programming, films, literature, music, food preparation, gardening, teaching, and, unfortunately, Christian doctrine, it's easy to find a critic. In fact, you usually don't have to look. They'll jump out of the woodwork.

That's not the way it should be. We need more creativity, in lots of areas, such as, for example, water use. We do need occasional, honest, loving criticism. We don't need self-serving, non-stop, prejudiced criticism.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

FancyHorse said...

I think the "comments" feature on news articles is a bad idea. It seems to bring out the worst in people, or bring out the worst people. Sometimes I catch myself reading them, but I'm always sorry I did.

Martin LaBar said...

I save articles that I find of interest. I seldom save the comments.

Thanks.