License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Sunspots 525

Things I have recently spotted that may be of interest to someone else: 
 

The Arts: A Speculative Faith blogger tells us why Tomorrowland (currently showing in theaters - but probably not much longer) is important.



Christianity: Relevant wants to know why Christians are so judgmental.

 
On sort of the same subject, a blogger considers the reaction of many Christians to the former Bruce Jenner.

 
Computing: If you save or print web pages, but don't want to save or print ads, lists of blog posts, and the like, try printfriendly. Feed it a URL, and it strips out the chaff, and leaves the good stuff, or at least it comes close. I tried it on a blog post, and it eliminated everything I didn't want. It also eliminated the tags, but I could easily paste those in.



Macintosh computers are vulnerable to being controlled by hackers.
 
Health: Elissa Ely had a problem with her knee.

 
Science: The National Association of Evangelicals has released a booklet, When God and Science Meet: Surprising Discoveries of Agreement. Here's one place to obtain the item. I haven't read it yet, but plan to, and, perhaps, I'll blog about it.



Image source (public domain)

2 comments:

FancyHorse said...

About judgmental Christians, this is pleasing Satan and not Jesus. We are commanded to love, to forgive, to show mercy, to follow Christ. When we drive people from the church with condemnation and criticism, we are following Satan's plan.

Of course I read about the knee exercise! "It's too easy" - reminds me of Naaman in II Kings 5.

Martin LaBar said...

You are right.

I wonder if Ms. Ely had Naaman in mind.

Thanks, as always!