License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Sunspots 237

Things I have recently spotted that may be of interest to someone else:



Science:
(sort of) Wired shows us photos of some really big mechanical devices (using device loosely -- the first one is a cargo plane).

NPR reports on experiments showing that ants are able to keep track of the number of steps they have taken away from their anthill.


Christianity:
Jan paid her tithe, and tells us what happened.

Philip Yancey has written his last column, for a while, anyway, for Christianity Today . He takes a thoughtful look at the way evangelical Christians do things, and is not altogether pleased.

Image source (public domain)

4 comments:

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks for pointing me to some good stories... especially the tithing one. You da man, Martin!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

By the way the Yancy article was compelling as well... :-)

FancyHorse said...

Mr. Yancey did make some good points, but I don't agree with all he said.

I loved the tithing article. Talk about living her faith! I may add her to my blog list.

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks, Kerry, and FancyHorse.

Jan is a good blogger.

Yancey is a serious thinker.

That's why I post SunSpots.