License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Monday, December 03, 2012

Attributes and qualities of God

Attributes and qualities of God
Attributes and Qualities of God

About a year ago, I posted a chart, illustrating an ideal pattern for prayer: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication. Adoration, or praising God for who and what He is, is perhaps the most difficult of these for me to get a grip on. So I have attempted, and it is a feeble attempt, for sure, to set forth ten of God's special attributes. Some of these attributes, especially numbers 7 and 10, are shared, in a measure, by humans, and, I believe, make up part of the image of God in us.

No chart, however complex, or sophisticated, or clear, can capture who and what God is. This doesn't. But it's an attempt.

As with all my charts, you may use this freely, without restrictions, except that you are not to use it for commercial purposes. I would hope that you would credit me when you use any of my materials. Also, if you want a larger size, with better resolution, the chart, itself, is a link to the picture on my Flickr photostream

You may want to see this post, listing the the ways God reveals Himself to humans.

Thanks for reading and looking. 

December 30, 2016: On December 9, 2015, Jim Stump listed these attributes of God: mercy, forgiveness, tender affection, humility, mildness, compassion, loving-kindness, etc., which he calls gracious attributes, as opposed to glorious attributes, such as the ones in the chart above. Stump argues that God is mostly hidden so that He can be known for the gracious attributes, rather than the glorious attributes. 

2 comments:

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Great chart... may use it indeed... and credit you for sure... thanks...

Martin LaBar said...

You are welcome!