License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Saturday, July 06, 2013

A poster on faith and trust, based on quotations from Morgan L. Busse and Eliza E. Hewitt

Faith quote from Morgan L. Busse, using lilacs

The poster above was inspired by a blog post by fantastic literature author Morgan L. Busse. She kindly gave me permission to use it in this way, and I thank her. There is also a quotation from the gospel song, "My Faith Has Found A Resting Place," by Eliza E. Hewitt, which song is in the public domain. The quotation says this:
My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.


The flowers in the background are lilacs, on a bush in Superior, Wisconsin, near the college, now university, where I obtained my bachelor's degree, for which I thank God. The photo that the background is derived from was taken in June, 2013.

I thank my wife for helpful criticism of earlier versions of this poster. Thanks to you for looking, and reading. Examine the basis of your faith, and I'll try to do the same.

* * * *

Added June 17, 2014: Busse has written again about the situation that apparently led to the statements used in the graphic.

3 comments:

FancyHorse said...

This is a very lovely presentation of the everlasting Truth! I love the hymn together with the quote.

Weekend Fisher said...

You have a real gift for that kind of work, you know. That's ... would you be offended if I said it was charming? (Does Zazzle do print-on-order posters? Hm ...)

Martin LaBar said...

Charming works. I don't know anything about Zazzle. Thanks.