License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sunspots 457

Things I have recently spotted that may be of interest to someone else:
Christianity: I confess -- I was YouTube surfing, looking for a good HD version of Beethoven's "Hallelujah Chorus," from his only oratorio, Christ on the Mount of Olives. I found one, with chorus and instruments, done at a wedding, no less! Why? I have no idea. Perhaps the couple were in the choir of that church.
A sermon, entitled "Should I Turn Off the Respirator."

A blog post, on the most common heresy within the US church.
Computing: (sort of) Wired complains about the user interface of Netflix, Amazon Prime, Roku, Apple TV, etc., claiming that old-fashioned channel surfing is more user-friendly.
Humor: Wired reports on some inventions that haven't been invented, but ought to be.
Science: Wired reports on a study with musicians and dyslexia. Apparently dyslexia is cause as much, or more, by a memory problem as by a perception problem.


Image source (public domain)

1 comment:

atlibertytosay said...

I completely disagree about the Netflix intuitiveness … I wish TV was like Netflix where you could just watch anything you wanted at any time you wanted unless it was a live event.