License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Sunspots 699

Things I have recently spotted that may be of interest to someone else:


The Arts: Christianity: Christianity Today on why the news isn't as important as most of us seem to think it is.


Finance: (or something) China is to open the world's longest over-ocean bridge today, according to National Public Radio.

History: (or something) From the New York Times, a map of every building in the US, with some accompanying text.

Humor: (or something) Relevant reports that a man ordered two glasses of water in a restaurant, and left a $10,000 tip.

Politics: Christianity Today has reported on a survey of evangelical voters. Sojourners has criticized the methodology of the survey.

Women are often treated badly in South Korea, according to National Public Radio. One symptom is that voyeurs place spy cameras in public bathrooms.

Science: Christianity Today also has an essay on how, and why, God seems to stay hidden -- not immediately visible.

Earther reports that climate change is expanding tick infestations on moose in New England, killing lots of moose.

Sports: (and science) A professor at the University of Illinois has produced the physics of baseball.


The graphic used in these posts is from NASA, hence, I believe, it is public domain.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

David said...

I worked with Al Nathan when he was a nuclear physicist. I wish I could work with him now as the official physicist of baseball! I want that gig.

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks!

It sounds like a cool job/hobby/whatever.

David said...

I'm blogging again, so feel free to stop by! http://helives.blogspot.com

Martin LaBar said...

Your blog showed up in my Feedly list yesterday, but for some reason I couldn't access blogspot blogs (including my own). God willing, I'll be reading your posts.

Thanks for the comment, and the invitation.