License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Monday, October 05, 2020

The ABCD plan of salvation

 You have probably heard of the ABC plan of salvation, which goes something like this:

Ask forgiveness for sin

Believe that you are forgiven

Confess your sins, and/or confess your belief in Christ’s power to forgive them.

D should be added: be Discipled. Salvation is not a one-and-done matter. It’s a process. I need to read and hear the good news repeated and explained. I need to expose myself to virtuous followers of Christ, and become more like the Christ that they follow. I haven’t taken Christ as savior and Lord unless I progress toward being more like Him, unless I am being discipled.

No comments: