License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Comment on "Will animals go to heaven?"

Ish asked a good question, as a comment to this previous post on this blog.

Ish asked if you could get a good hamburger in heaven, pointing out that, if you did, it would be hard on some (presumably heavenly) cow. My short answer is that I don't know.

However, if I had to guess, I'd say "no." Noah and his sons were allowed to eat meat after the flood (Genesis 9:2-3) so Adam and Eve, perfect humans before the Fall, must not have done so, suggesting that we might not eat meat in Heaven, where we'll be perfect again. Also, Revelation 22:2 says that there will be fruit to eat in Heaven. So does Rev. 2:7. This isn't strong evidence on the question, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for quoting me in your blog, I really do feel honored. When I was reading through, and then suddenly stumbled upon my own name I was taken aback for a second. Thanks again.

Just one more thought to add to the mix, it's just an idea. I wonder if we eat meat here and now to remind us of sin. To remind us that the penalty of sin is death. And if this is the case, then we will no longer need to eat meat in heaven. Well there it is, it's just at thought.