License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Travel hiatus coming

Our daughters (and their husbands) are staking us to most of a retirement trip to various parts of Western North America. We expect to be gone for about a month, God willing. I don't plan to post during this trip. I didn't do so during our last one. I expect to check (and maybe even answer some) e-mail, and occasionally check my blog subscriptions, perhaps including yours, if you have a blog.

Those who may check this blog after early September will probably see, not necessarily in that order, a response to Bonnie's comment on this post. I also hope to post on a book by Patricia A. McKillip, and expect to post a few pictures from our trip. I have in mind a few suggestions for changing basketball rules.

I plan to take along, and read: some of the Hyperion quartet by Dan Simmons; a book on British poet John Keats, who is almost a major character in the Hyperion books; Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis; The Case for a Creator by Strobel, a graduation gift (to me!) from a student; The Biblical Jubilee and the Struggle for Life by Kinsler and Kinsler; The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life, by Smith, and my Bible.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to give us an opinion/review of Case for a Creator. I've wanted to read it for a while, and I'd like to hear your take on it.

Enjoy your trip!

Anonymous said...

I'm sad to see that I wont have my daily dose of Dr. LaBar's wisdom for a whole month, but I wish you the best on your trip. Go with God.

On a side note, Strobel's books are outstanding. Ive read Case for a Creator, Case for Faith, and Case for Easter, and I have to say they're some of the best books I've found of the genre. If you're into apologetics, they're all a must read.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an enjoyable vacation plan! Of course I'll be anxious to hear your comments on Until We Have Faces. I think it's my very favorite of Lewis's fiction.

So many beautiful places to visit in the western U.S.--have a great time. :)

Anonymous said...

Dr. Labar, I hope that your trip is absolutely incredible! I am so excited to see your blog! Thanks for posting on mine earlier this summer! It was a great treat to read! You truly inspire me and encourage me to be the best that I can be in Christ, and I am keeping that in mind now more than ever before! Thanks for motivating me! I look forward to hearing about your trip!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel privileged to have received a comment from THE Dr. Labar. Thanks so much! I was further surprised to find that you are a fellow Harry Potter fan. It is wonderful to have professors who take time to keep up with what kids do these days. What an example you have set to us all. God bless you and I hope you have an awesome trip.