License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sunspots 38

Things I have recently spotted that may be of interest to someone else:



The Internet Storm Center warns of a serious vulnerability in Windows, NOT BLOCKED BY ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE, etc., and has some help in fixing it, until Microsoft gets around to it.

I have subscribed to a Bloglines search for "C. S. Lewis" posts for over a year. Beginning in November or so, and not to my surprise, the number of hits has climbed to one or two hundred or so per day. I just gave up trying to look at the hits. I can't decide whether I want the popularity of this subject to go up or down!

I did glance at one of these many listings, which led me to this article on "The Theology of C. S. Lewis: Somewhere Between Ransom and Reepicheep" The writer argues that Lewis did not believe in biblical inerrancy, and that he was somewhat confused about how salvation is received. He is less critical of Lewis on some other issues. (The actual article begins some distance down the page)

I am now running a search for "Eustace Narnia," which doesn't turn up nearly as much. One thing it did turn up is a post quoting J. K. Rowling, who said, in an interview, that Eustace was her favorite Narnia character.

The Botany Photo of the Day blog says that the place of origin of Lantanas is uncertain.

According to Nature News, the perception of color by the two hemispheres of the brain depends on their language ability.

Stephen L. Carter writes about "activist judges," for Christianity Today. He says the matter isn't as simple as many people seem to think it is.

This week's Christian Carnival is here. (For information on locating these Carnivals, see here)

Image source (public domain)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had not heard of the botany photo of the day. Might have to link subscribe or link.

If I had time, I would go to the merelewis newsgroup and read all my cousins old posts. She has one of the most interesting minds I know.

The net itself has a too low "signal to noise ratio" on almost every topic, any more. Remember the old days, when only the universities were on?

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks for reading. I'll try to find the merelewis news group.

Yes, there's a LOT out there in cyberspace, including this particular bit of static.