License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Not quite a century

Brothers, Mother and cake

My mother, Helen LaBar, would have been 100 years old today. She didn't quite make that milestone. Above is a photo of her sons (I am on the left, and I am the oldest) taken with her 95th birthday cake. At that time, she was living at home, with a little assistance.

All of us are products of our ancestors, one way or another. Sometimes, as in the neat freak who grew up in a messy house, we act opposite to our ancestors. I owe much of my love for music to my parents, my love of fantastic literature mostly to my father, my love of teaching mostly to my mother, and I won't bore you with any other characteristics, some of which may be all too apparent from reading this blog.

I posted Mom's obituary earlier, but I thought that another tribute would be in order.

Thanks for reading. The photo is a link to the on-line original. No password is needed to see it, or my 1400+ other Flickr photos, most of which are not of people.

2 comments:

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

You're a fine Son, Martin, to honor your mom with this post. Three of those brothers look a lot alike. Beards run in the family, heh? You got those from your dad evidently. :-) ALL JOY! Honor your father and your mother, Well done.

Martin LaBar said...

Actually, the bald heads come from Mom's side.

Either side has had a few beards, here and there.

Thanks, Kerry i am.