License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Sunspots 6

"Blogs are like personal telephone calls crossed with newspapers."


You may be interested in the article where I found this quote, "How to Blog Safely (About Work or Anything Else)," by the Electronic Frontier Foundation. It's on how to keep your privacy while blogging. It's too late for me--I used my real name with Blogger. Oh, well.

* * * * *

If you use Blogger, you should be subscribing to the Blogger Status feed. It had a fix that worked for me recently. It posts alerts of down time for maintenance.

* * * * *

The Cliff's Notes commentary on Henry David Thoreau's Walden is available on-line, to my surprise.

* * * * *

"Nobody who says 'I told you so' has ever been, or will ever be, a hero." Ursula K. Le Guin, "From Elfland to Poughkeepsie," in Susan Wood, ed., The Language of the Night (New York: Putnam, 1979). First appeared in From Elfland to Poughkeepsie, Pendragon Press, 1973. Quote is from p. 87.

* * * * *

A great one-page summary of what fantasy literature is, and some of the major categories, is here.

* * * * *

Bacteria may have a rudimentary form of intelligence.

* * * * *

I recommend this post, by Ken Brown, on what the image of God means.

* * * * *

"The Infinite Library" is about Google's effort to digitize books held by university libraries. It considers legal issues, the role of libraries, and some of the implications.

* * * * *

Heart-wrenching post on going to the funeral of a baby.

* * * * *

A claim has been made that the new pope is on record, from when he was in his previous position, as saying that adult stem cells may be out of bounds, because they have properties like embryonic cells.

* * * * *

Caution: On-line testing follows:

(I'm wondering what the symbol on the line above looks like when viewed with a browser, as opposed to what it looks like in FrontPage. If anyone out there sees something other than a dark green filled circle, I'd appreciate a comment, describing what you do see. Thanks.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the post about the baby's funeral. Wow! I can't imagine what that was like!