License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Monday, June 09, 2008

1,000 posts!

This is my 1,000th post.

Thanks, readers, however sporadic or faithful!

The hardest thing about blogging is having something to say that's worth reading.

Whoops! Wrong.

It's getting people to read what you have said. You have made both a lot easier, and I haven't always posted something worth reading, by a long shot.

If you have time on your hands, I suggest that you look at one or more of the 17 "Significant posts," just to the right of this. I consider such matters as what the church prayed for in the New Testament, what makes a novel Christian, the Narnia books, our fascination with photography, origins, the Bible and science, and things I'm thankful for.

The first post was nearly three and a half years ago.

Thanks to God for the ability and facilities needed to do this.

Thanks for reading.

13 comments:

Steve Martin said...

Congradulations Martin. I appreciate your posts and perspective - even if I don't comment that often.
Thanks,

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks. I don't comment as much as I should, either.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I look forward to the next 1,000 posts.

Rob Rumfelt said...

As I've said before, yours is one blog I always check. You're always a gentleman and treat commentors with courtesy and respect, unlike other blogs.

May you continue for a long time!

Arevanye said...

Congratulations, Martin! I'm sporadic at best, but I always think you have important things to say. I hope you keep on blogging - it takes staying power for sure.

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks to everyone!

Eventually, God willing, I'll get the 1001st post up.

Lisa said...

Congratulations on 1000 posts! That's incredible!

And thank you for noticing that I credited your picture on my blog. I always credit photos, poems, quotes, whatever to the best of my ability. Even if i have to keep returning to the source to make sure I spell names correctly (like I did last night with yours!)

I had one troll who took me to task for a poem that was uncredited at the source I used. He wrote me back and forth giving me a hard time, only to later admit he was just funning me and he used many uncredited things in his blog. Made me feel very bad at the time, though!

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm glad you found my blog so I would find yours!!! Congrats on the 1000th post.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, Martin! You are a model of what a blogger should be.

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks, ladies.

I appreciate your principles, Lisa.

Bonnie, you are a model, to me.

Glad to get back with you, Keetha.

I've been traveling, so haven't posted much lately.

Thanks, again.

Pilgrim said...

Congratulations, Martin!
Here's to many more. . . .

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks, Julana! God's best to you.

andrea chiu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.