License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

We are ambassadors: Henri J. M. Nouwen

Spiritually you do not belong to the world. And this is precisely why you are sent into the world. Your family and your friends, your colleagues and your competitors, and all the people you may meet on your journey through life are all searching for more than survival. Your presence among them as the one who is sent will allow them to catch a glimpse of the real life. (Henri J. M. Nouwen, Life of the Beloved. New York: Crossroad, 2002, p. 132)

I thank one of my daughters for recommending Nouwen's brief book to my wife and me.

2 Corinthians 5:20a Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. (ESV)

What kind of ambassador am I?

Thanks for reading.

No comments: