License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

God doesn't know everything -- He forgets forgiven sin

God is omniscient -- He knows everything. But there is at least one limit. That Self-imposed limit is that God forgets forgiven sin.

I quote the evidence, using the World English Bible, which is in the public domain:

Isaiah 43:25 I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake;
and I will not remember your sins.

Micah 7:18 Who is a God like you, who pardons iniquity,
and passes over the disobedience of the remnant of his heritage?
He doesn’t retain his anger forever,
because he delights in loving kindness.
19 He will again have compassion on us.
He will tread our iniquities under foot;
and you will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

There are also pleas that God would forget past sins:
Psalm 25:7 Don’t remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions.
Remember me according to your loving kindness,
for your goodness’ sake, Yahweh.

Isaiah 64:9 Don’t be furious, Yahweh,
and don’t remember iniquity forever.
Look and see, we beg you,
we are all your people.

Thanks for reading!



No comments: