License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Gratitude for Bible translators

I'm thankful for people I don't think about much -- Bible translators, some long since passed away, some still at work, in English and many other languages. Thanks to them, I can read the Bible in several versions of my "heart language." Most other people in the world can do the same, in at least one version, in theirs. There are people who work in Bible translation, some for a lifetime. Others, missionaries, who have found that the group they are working with needs to have God's Word in their own language, so they do it out of necessity, and still others who are working to translate the Bible into their own language, because no one else has. They all deserve my praise, and prayer support.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

FancyHorse said...

Yes, indeed! Very remarkable and dedicated people!

Martin LaBar said...

They surely are! Thanks, FancyHorse.